Wednesday 30 September 2015

Summer again?

Hi all!
How have you all been? Well, I hope. I'm not too bad at the mo - have been to see the podiatrist and the ortho consultant and it's not all bad news! So, that's a bit of a relief but I can't get too excited as there are still medical appointments to attend yet.
Anyhow, where has this last week gone? And this weather!!! We are definitely having an Indian summer here in the old NW of England. Ok, so it's not St.Tropez or the Amazon jungle (!) but we are having such beautiful sunny days and the temperatures have risen to our 'heatwave' of 17 degrees F (61C). I have been washing anything I can lay my hands on just so I can hang it out on the washing line in the fresh air!!! Wonderful!
I have also had time to do a little crafting! I made one of my favourite items - a hot-air balloon from the Crafters Companion template,
I decorated it with the Rare Oddities collection by Graphic 45 and used stamps by Papermania and dies by Spellbinders.
I like making the flowers look metallic with the use of an embossing folder and gilding waxes!
The cobwebby, wispy stuff is coconut fibre from Paper Pizzazz and most of the remaining items were already in my stash and I can't remember where everythiing came from!!!

Ok, so let me know what you think.





My second project is a little trinket box I made using black chipboard which I designed myself. I had no pattern or template for the box shape so I made it from my imagination. I used Graphic 45 Gilded Lily collection to decorate and embellish it. I used my stash for the key, ribbon flowers etc.









TTFN
L x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!