Monday 8 January 2018

Happy (Belated!) New Year Everyone!!!

Well, Hi de hi and happy new year and all that to you all!

I hope everybody had a wonderful Christmas and New Year.
I did, although, if I'm to be honest, I do thank heavens that it's all done for another year!
There's just so much running around to be done at the moment with moving into this house that we (I) just didn't feel festive enough this year so I'm crossing fingers, toes, eyes and anything else that next Christmas will be much easier!
The darling daughter and her hubby had a week in Cape Verde just before Christmas and only returned home at 5am Christmas Day morning! I did that parent thing and listened out for them coming in!!! Though I did go back to sleep for a couple of hours and then waited for everyone else to get up and celebrate Christmas with me............which was another 4 hours!!! To be fair, even though the day started late with present giving and eating Christmas dinner, I think the travelling twosome did really well to keep their eyes open until we all filed off to bed at around midnight. If it had been me, I reckon I'd have been asleep for 8pm!
So, the house? Well, it's currently being knocked about by the builders who came in a week ago to redevelop the kitchen/dining/utility areas. There's not as many walls or ceilings as there were a month ago, and with the weather being typically freezing and British, we are living like Eskimos!

Anyhoo, let's stop banging on about my stuff and talk about my stuff!!!!

I've not done as much crafting as I'd like lately. Some of it because the craftroom isn't how I want it, some because I've not had much time and a little because I've had no love for creating at the moment.
So, to inject some mojo into my soul, my OH and I took a trip to that well known Swedish homeware store and purchased some shelving and wall units and, yesterday, he put the wall units up so things are beginning to come together. Which is nice! When the shelves go up I'll be able to sort out my boxes of stash (currently being stored in the airing cupboard - as you do) and organise myself much better. I'll post some piccies when it's done.

I have, however, made a few little bits and bobs since Christmas - just to keep my hand in, so to speak!

I decided to make something a little different as I'm so fed up with Christmas cards!
So, I went with this box frame card using the Fairie Dust collection by Graphic 45.
Just by fussy-cutting, layering and adding some die cut flowers and swirls, I think it's come out pretty well!
It's also the sort of card I can use for any occasion, not just a birthday.

This next one is a card I made for fun too but this is definitely a birthday card and most useful for a male recipient. (I have one in mind!)


I used free stamps which came with this months Creative Stamping magazine (iss 52) and they're by Sheena Douglass, so win-win all round!

Anyhoo, I think I've waffled on enough for today and, as it's taken me about 5 hours to finish this post (I forgot about it), I'm happy to walk away knowing it's done and I'll sleep tonight....Lolz !!!


So 'til next time -

TTFN
Lesley xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!