Wednesday 21 February 2018

Sunflowers!

Hi all!

Yesterday, I made this card ready for the special challenge over on The Outlawz Challenges site to celebrate their 7th birthday!
I joined The Outlawz a few years ago but, due to other things happening around me, I abandoned them :( BUT!!!! I'm back on their site and enjoying it!
It's a fun place to be for crafts and inspiration and all the members are so lovely and welcoming too.
So, when I saw these gorgeous digi sunflowers by SheepSki Designs , I just had to rejoin and enter into the fun!
My father was a hobby-artist and he painted the loveliest vase of sunflowers and I always relate sunflowers to him now. He's greatly missed :(.

Anyhoo, here's my card :

I heat embossed stamped sunflowers on the backing card before covering it with blended inks and layering the lovely digi sunflowers on top. I coloured them with my usual array of Spectrum Noir and Nuvo pens. I added bronze UTEE to the centres for texture.
I think Dad would like this card - and he'd certainly enjoy his day when he had his paints out!

I've been busy with other projects but I'm not ready to share them just yet (secretive as ever!!!).

Have a great day 

TTFN
Lesley xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!