Wednesday 5 July 2017

Such a Happy Day!!!

Hi all!

Well, what a day I've had - but I'll get to that in a mo!

I've had my head down with my projects since I last blogged on Sunday and, well, it's been a chuffin nightmare making my card "just so" before I was happy with it but, at last, I finished it and I've popped it (with the paperwork) in a mailbag and it's ready to post out to Papercrafter magazine, for my DESIGNER FOR THE DAY feaure, in the morning.
I guess it won't be published until September/October as I know magazines are usually prepared for printing a month or so in advance but that's not a problem. It just means I can't post my card here for you to check out until it's "in print"! Oooooh, doesn't that sound fancy?
I do love the sound of it - In Print!!! Tee hee :)
While I've been making that one, my mind has been on my next item for Papercraft Inspirations magazine. Again, I can't say too much about it as it's not yet "In Print"-----there I go again! But, I've still to make that one so I must crack on very soon.

The post came this morning with a prize from one of my craft magazines - a competition I'd entered has won me a set of stamps by Stampin' Up! Lovely. New stuff, free stuff, any stuff is always a bonus in my book and I'm sure I'll be using these soon enough :)

So, onto today's news!
I entered the Tiddly Inks Stamps Design Team call out (mentioned in an earlier post - once or twice!!!) and today I found out that I've been selected to join the team for the next 4 months!!!!
I'm absolutely blown over! Thrilled and excited but a little nervous too as their work is so lovely I don't want to let them down!
And I can use their gorgeous Tiddly Inks stamps all day long - Heaven!


AND, finally, I did manage to find time to create a lovely card for my nieces (??th) birthday on Saturday! I'm sure she wouldn't want me blabbing her age about too much (half as old as me......)
.
I hope you like my use of the Tropical Chick by From The Heart Stamps .

It was a fun card to make and, once I'd printed and coloured the image, I fussy-cut it out and layered it onto my card base with 3d foam pads.
I used generic cardstock for the lovely bright papers,
Spellbinders rectangle dies for the frame,
Free stamps from Creative stamping magazine for the flip-flops and sunglasses,
coloured gemstones
Spectrum Noir/Tonic Nuvo alcohol markers
Computer and Printer for my sentiment.





So, a very productive, and joyful, day all round really which makes a change for me!!!

I hope you're all well and your days going fabulously too :)

TTFN
L xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!