Wednesday 25 February 2015

Wednesday

Hi all!
Today's post is to cover one or two little things I've been up to lately but, as ever, I can't share certain ones with you as they are for friends' birthdays and, when the special day has passed, I'll be able to upload the pics for you to look at. They're really good too!
Had a lovely meal last weekend at San Marco Trattoria for the daughters husbands' birthday! We all love that restaurant. It's one of those places that never lets you down with either quality of service or food - Perfecto!
So, Saturday night, after the meal, I couldn't eat anything - except for one piece of birthday cake and it was sooooo good! Did sweet Fanny Adams all night as none of us could be bothered! Eating so much yumminess during the day is like eating a massive sleeping pill! It makes you feel very sleepy - so I fought the urge and mooched in the craftroom while 'he who works' had a snooze and the son went to the daughters' house where they were having a booze up party. He came home next day looking very sorry for himself! Also, I'm pretty sure alcohol really does come out of your pores!
Now, onto todays make.
This card is constructed on black cardstock for the impact value and I have used Tim Holtz Distress Inks to create the background. It was a simple technique really :- distress inks on my craft mat spritzed with water then white cardstock swiped through to make the inks blend together.
I then stamped some butterfly and dragonfly images in black ink and clear embossed some sentiments before die cutting 3 dragonfly shapes from the card.
I then stamped the dragonfly cut-outs with the dragonfly stamp and attached clear acetate to the back of them. I attached my cardstock onto my black card base with foam pads and then attached the acetate strips into each dragonfly cut-out.
They look fab just bobbing up and down!

Here's the loveliness -

A little pearl in each corner and the sentiment finished it off.  I didn't want to over-embellish it as it would have looked icky!
I decided to enter it into the aperture challenge at Cardmaking and Papercraft as I think it fits the theme nicely!

That's all for today and I hope to have more makes to show you in the next few days.

TTFN
L x

1 comment:

  1. All your paper items are lovely. Hope you get that camera working :)
    ~Cynthia K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!