Friday 16 June 2017

Tiddly Inks Design Team card entries - 3 to choose!!!

Hi all!
Have you all had a good & crafty week? I did!

As I'm British I'm going to discuss the weather.
                     It's raining.......😢
Ok, that's out of the way so.......................!!!!!

..I've been busy with lots of everyday mundane stuff but the fun stuff  always happens in the craftroom and I've finally finished 3 cards which I'm submitting to Tiddly Inks for their much desired Design Team positions!

I've really enjoyed making my cards and I love the drawings Christy Croll (owner/designer) creates. They're fun and cute and super versatile and, as I mentioned in my last post, I've used them oodles of times too.

So, here are my entries!

My first card is an uber cute image - Amy and her mini mermaid friends -  digi stamps.



I decided to make a "frame" and place the mermaids in and out of the frame to give depth and dimension - something I tend to do alot of!!!
I printed the minis onto white cardstock and coloured them using Tonic Nuvo and Spectrum Noir markers.
I fussy-cut the mermaids and the little fish out leaving a little border around each one.
On a 6" card base, I layered a sea-green and white patterned paper (I think it was a magazine freebie once upon a time....) then cut a 5 1/2"  square from white card and used an edge die to create the mini scalloped border all around it.
With a 4" square piece of card, I drew wavy lines and dots with a versamark pen before adding clear embossing powder and heating it up. I splodged some Spectrum Aqua marker inks onto a craft mat, dipped a water brush in to pick up the inks and swiped them across the card so the embossed sections would create a "resist" and the ink wouldn't settle onto those lines.
I glued this piece to the white square then die cut a circle into the centre of both pieces.
Placing 3d foam to the back of this piece lifted it away from the patterned paper when placed in the centre.
To create the frame for the aperture, I cut another circle into white cardstock then used a scallop die around it and die cut it again - et voila! a frame (!).
The minis were placed in and around the frame with glue and 3d pads and I added some glossy accent "bubbles", clear pearls, a turquoise gemstone and a sentiment.

.........................

The second is a simple card using the Wryn - bake me some love digi stamp. (Wryn is my favourite "girl" stamp!)


























I created a 6" card base with white cardstock and covered it with this gorgeous paper (can't remember where it came from sorry ) then added a contrasting strip of pink pearlescent cardstock across the centre. I inked up a stamp (Ranger distress ink in pistacchio) which came with a Creative Stamping magazine recently and used it to create a background on a piece of white copy paper for the centre of the pink strip. From the same set I stamped the sentiment stamp onto the front with black Memento ink.
I then tied some pink and white bakers twine around the whole thing before attaching it to the card base.
As for Wryn? Well! I printed her image onto white cardstock and thoroughly enjoyed colouring her with Spectrum Noir blendable pencils before fussy-cutting her out along with the side table!
I added 3d foam to the back and positioned her onto the front of the card with a few sequins for added sparkle!
.........................

My final card is bright and colourful and cheery!

I've used the Best Friends digi stamp because I love the dog and cat with little gifts and lots of cuddles!









They're coloured with the Spectrum Noir blendable pencils and I drew little paw prints around them for fun before doodling a couple of black square "frames" around the whole image.
I made this with square mats and layers in differing sizes on a 6" white card base.
I used contrasting bright papers (from unbranded paper stacks) just to show I don't just do fussy cutting and layering with 3d foam !!!
I love the little buttons on here too and it's a shame the Spectrum Noir sparkle pen doesn't show up on the images :(.

All in all, the last one was the quickest of the 3 cards to make and I do believe card-making really shouldn't be all about the time it takes but how much fun I get out of the creative process.
 And I do!  OODLES!!!

So, I'll sign off for now.

If you've fallen upon my blog (by accident or by design), I hope you enjoy looking at my cards and if you care to, you might have a pootle around the other posts as there are some other bits n bobs I've shared for everyone to have a peep at.

Have a great weekend

TTFN
L x







1 comment:

  1. Lesley, I noticed you submitted an adorable card for the Tiddlyinks DT call... but discovered that the link to your card is broken. I found it with a little looking around... but wanted to let you know that it is not working. (I also am entering the DT call. Love those Tiddly images!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!