Monday 24 February 2020

Busy Birthday Weekend!

Hi all!
Well, I've had such a busy craftroom lately - making and creating for the Son-in-Laws 40th birthday party lunch.
The idea to make all the table decorations and guest gifts came to me when I must have had nothing else to do as all the making and preparing seems to have taken over my life for the past couple of weeks!!!
I decided to purchase those huge helium balloons (numbers 4 and 0 and a rocket.........) along with a helium tank. This maybe wasn't the best idea as the tank literally filled those 3 huge balloons and 3 small ones!!!
Oh well, lesson learned!

I think everyone really loved the tables but I didn't take a photo of everything laid out before everyone turned up for the lunch - held at a lovely restaurant just half an hour from where we live - but I do have pics which I'd taken before I boxed everything up (minus the balloons!!!)

I created little labels for the mini bottles and as there were 2 children at the lunch, I made 2 separate bottle labels and filled the bottle with Pepsi max instead of Rum, which the adults had. There were napkins to match (no pics :(   ) , handmade personalised chocolates (bought online) and my own handmade place settings.

The jars were filled with rice for weight then various sweets in the top halves! I made the rosettes using good quality gold and silver heavyweight paper and I used sparkly tinsel for the others.




On top of all that, I made his birthday card too!!!

I used a Julia McNeill crafts A4 paper from her Curious Wonders collection (new!) and the awesome Lili of the Valley digital image of a racing car.


Looking back, it doesn't seem as though I did very much but...................Honestly, I did!!!

It was a successful birthday and the only downside was I stubbed my toe that evening and broke it!!! But never mind, I have another 9 to hobble on!!!


TTFN
Lesley xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for popping by and having a peep!